There's nothing quite as frustrating as hitting your club perfectly only to see the ball fall 30 yards short of the green. Enter the Callaway LR550 laser rangefinder, which quickly and accurately measures the yardstick from up to 550 yards away. The LR550, which comes in a striking yellow case, offers multiple range-finding modes for your convenience. The first target mode, for example, displays the range to the nearest target--useful when measuring the distance to a pin on the green with woods in the background. The rangefinder also boasts a continuous mode that ranges multiple targets in succession for up to eight seconds, so you can determine whether you have the right club to clear the sand trap or water hazard. Plus, targeting an object couldn't be easier thanks to the built-in reticle and LCD display, which combine to tell you when ranging is in progress.
The LR550 is also noteworthy from an optical perspective. The rangefinder's 6x monocular, for example, offers such features as multicoated optics, long eye relief (with a folding rubber eyecup for eyeglass wearers), and a waterproof, nitrogen-sealed housing. The LR550--which runs on a CR2 3-volt lithium battery (included)--comes with a carabiner for easy access and a matching yellow neoprene sport sleeve with a removable travel cover.
- Laser rangefinder designed to help golfers gauge distances on the course
- Quickly and accurately measures the pin or hazard from up to 550 yards
- First target mode displays range to nearest target amidst several options
- Built-in reticle and LCD display; 6x monocular with long eye relief
- Runs on 3-volt lithium battery (included); comes with matching neoprene sport sleeve